Jade rollers originate in ancient China and are a part of traditional remedies used to massage the face and improve circulation.
5 Benefits of using a Jade Roller
- Stimulates circulation and blood flow to skin cells
- Relaxes and tones facial muscles, helping to prevent wrinkles and frown lines.
- Encourages lymphatic drainage and natural detoxification of toxic build up in skin tissue.
- Supports cleansing of sinus cavity through the stimulating of acupressure/marma points.
- Jade is a cooling (pitta-reducing stone) and soothes inflammations and depuffs skin.
- Facial massage relieves stress and encourages the flow of prana (life-force) through the head and neck region.
- Stimulates collagen production, improves complexion and helps drive nutrients deeper into the skin cells.
How to use a Jade Roller
There are different ways to use jade rollers depending on what results you are trying to achieve. You can use the roller back and forth, up and down and out to the side for and uplifting massage. You can also work around your facial contours with either the gua-sha tool or jade roller with slightly increased pressure. Roll in both up and down and sideward directions. Apply gentle pressure under the delicate region under-eye area. Jade rollers can be used on many parts of the body to relax tight muscles and encourage circulation. Don’t forget the neck.
To encourage lymph drainage, imagine the bridge of your nose as the central point and roll away from that in all directions towards the ears; starting from your third eye to ears, nose to ears, chin to ears. You can also add a visual meditation while you use your jade roller. Imagine gently rolling all the toxin build-up and emotions stress outwards and being released from your body. Infuse positive intentions into your jade rolling ritual for added emotional wellbeing.
Use jade rollers with your favorite serum, oil or moisturizer on clean skin. For a more cooling pitta-reducing effect on the skin, leave your jade roller the fridge.